Friday, June 27, 2008

further reading

Albanian sworn virgins Pashi Keqi and others secure EPIC GENDER WIN by becoming family patriarchs. Leslie Feinberg eat your heart out! (Who needs sex anyway) Says Keqi, 
I was totally free as a man because no one knew I was a woman. I could go wherever I wanted to and no one would dare swear at me because I could beat them up. I was only with men. I don’t know how to do women’s talk. I am never scared.

Rock!

Also the NYC Trans March happens this afternoon at 3 which is sort of the only part of pride that I find to be even remotely politically compelling (unfortunately I am bound to my cubicle and cannot attend). Here is the info:

Come on out for the 4th Trans Day of Action for Social and Economic Justice this Friday!!!  This march is initiated by TransJustice of the Audre Lorde Project, a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two-Spirit, Trans and Gender Non-Conforming People of Color Center for Community Organizing.

We have an SRLP banner that can lead our contingent. Wear your SRLP t-shirt or wear green!It will be fun, political and inspiring

This Friday, June 27, 2008 - 3pm
Starting rally at City Hall Park, Manhattan, NY

From the Points of Unity: “We call on our Trans and Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC) community and on all of our allies from many movements to join us for the 4th Annual Trans Day of Action for Social and Economic Justice. We as TGNC People of Color (POC) recognize the importance of working together alongside other movements to change the world we want to see. We live in a time when people of color, immigrants and poor people are disproportionately underserved, face higher levels of discrimination, heightened surveillance and experience increased violence at the hands of the state. It is critical that we unite and work together towards dismantling the transphobia, racism, classism, sexism, ageism, ableism, homophobia and xenophobia that permeates throughout our movements for social justice. Let’s come together to let the world know that TGNC rights will not be undermined and together we will not be silenced!”


TBC!

No comments:

AJ sez lolAJ FTW!!

internetz speak 4 teh politically l33t brought to you by lol-aj.blogspot.com!!!!


What should I get tattooed on my chest this summer?

About Me

AJ lives in Minneapolis and is interested in stuff that's political. AJ has a lot invested in his masculinity.

BE MY TIPSTER

email at lolajblog@gmail.com and be awsum!