Tuesday, December 30, 2008
- YES WE CAN has MOAR images of homo respectability!
- gay rights = african american rights = ladies' rights = consumer's rights = whatever = &c., &c. (This is why, for instance, African Americans must have their leaders and gay Americans must have our own leaders.)
- If u are gay and want change and whatnot u should definitely get out of the streets and into the campaign office because that is where politics happen.
- The Tenderloin smells like pee.
- DO NOT FEAR: Contrary to popular belief, gay men do not have sex, they just get naked and slap each other's butts while rolling around and giggling.
- oh im sorry were you expecting AJ to insert some comment about the post-Stonewall gay liberation movement and how it evinced a very different set of politics and praxis than can be found in the biopic Milk? WELL UNFORTUNATELY THAT WOULD BE HARD TO DO BECAUSE IN THE WORLD ACCORDING TO THAT MOVIE GAY LIBERATION SEEMS TO HAVE NEVER HAPPENED.
- One lesbian is PLENTY.
- HEY WE PAY TAXES!
- Individually, coming out is the most important thing a homosexual can do in his life; collectively, coming out is the most effective strategy for alleviating pretty much anything that would ever be objectionable to a homosexual community.
- OMG finally we must thank our lucky stars for the white gender conforming male homosexuals of yesteryear because otherwise how would any of us have any RIGHTS and stuff? TRULY I TELL YOU WE WOULD HAVE NONE.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
it is unspeakably embarrassing that it took a feministe post for me to finally see the video for this song which has been around for like 4eva but i gotta say this its simply aj's favorite video he's seen all year. it makes me miss new york so bad my heart hurts like its died a thousand deaths
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
In fact, neither one is significant. Both are simply spectacles distracting us from substantive issues.
The most important thing Gay Americans can be doing these days is making it clear to everyone that they are simply Americans who happen to be Gay.
Your in assimilation,
I think the biggest problem is YOU.
That's a great question. While Ellen has a certain appeal that comes with daytime tv stardom and really became the face of the anti-Prop 8 movement as people tearfully asked each other, "But what will happen to Ellen and Portia??," I'd have to go with Jane Lynch. She's just got more of a sense of irony, from what I can tell. By looking at her.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Here is a pretty neat NYT article on hairstylists and domestic abuse. The piece confirms a suspicion that AJ's had since the first time he saw Diana's Hair Ego way back when, which is that beauticians are in fact the vanguard of the revolution.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
OK first of all some goddamn revolting queer purloined my puffy warm reversible Levi's vest last night. WTF! Who steals someone's clothes at a queer dance party?? AJ needs that vest cause he doesn't own a real winter coat and therefore has to layer. Give me my vest back, revolting queer!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Since we are all in a reflective mood today I thought we could also take a moment to mourn the passing of Chloe Hernandez, possibly AJ's favorite high-maintenance geriatric diabetic no-tailed partial manx. Chloe is survived by her human, Teresa, who has issued the following remarks:
Not all of you had the pleasure of meeting Chloe. Sweet, loving and not without her occasional flare of Diva-esque attitude, Chloe was a great kitty. Despite my ranting about the arduous nature of her special needs, she was a precious companion. Thank you all for lending me your ear to vent each and every time I 'couldn't take it anymore'. I especially thank those of you who helped with her care when I was out of town (or out on the town, xoxo Juan). I literally could not have done it without all of you. And I am glad that I kept her with me through to the end. It was a challenge to take care of her and it has been just as challenging letting her go. I love her and miss her.
Monday, November 17, 2008
A search for "transsexuals" on NYT turns up this weird piece from a couple weeks ago, in which the author waxes on about her trans twin bro, trans reproductive issues, and, of course, sea horses.
Continuing with the Times trend, AJ also draws your attention to this article on drinking in Wisconsin--Wisconsin is right next to AJ! and apparently it "[leads] the nation in binge drinking." AJ did not know that it's legal for minors to buy alcohol in bars in WI if they are accompanied by their guardian. That sort of makes AJ's inner libertarian (shh!) happy.
What in the hell? Prince is talking smack about the gays?? As a Minneapolis resident, homophile, and popular music enthusiast, AJ is not even sure how to respond. Plus I mean like you know obviously, hello. IDK sounds like someone needs to purify themselves in the waters of lake Minnetonka.
And just as a general aside re: Wanda Sykes, I really hate it when I pluck a titillating piece of news out of an otherwise unremarkable article but then twelve hours later its on every single blog in the blogoverse, rendering lolAJ redundant and dull. my life is super hard :(
Finally, the Biggest Loser only for cats is always an excellent idea.
In Las Vegas, the comedian Wanda Sykes surprised a crowd of more than 1,000 rallying outside a gay community center by announcing that she is gay and had wed her wife in California on Oct. 25. Ms. Sykes, who divorced her husband of seven years in 1998, had never publicly discussed her sexual orientation but said the passage of Proposition 8 had propelled her to be open about it.
“I felt like I was being attacked, personally attacked — our community was attacked,” she told the crowd.
Unrelatedly: How about that gmail video chat???
* By shocked of course AJ means he's about as surprised as when Katherine Moennig or Jodie Foster formalized their outness. I think for a while word on the street with Sykes was that she tends to pop up at Lovergirl now and again. ONLY LESBIANS GO TO LESBIAN BARS, PEOPLE.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
OK I am wondering if my readership can help me out here. AJ is trying to winterize in preparation for the next several months of bicycling to school and he's having sort of a problem. I bought some real cycling gloves, some hiking socks (I had been experimenting with doubling up regular socks but am finding truth in my crunchy Boulder-bred lesbian friend Nell's observation that if you sweat in cotton the sweat just stays there and so I've been spending a lot of time with soggy wrinkly chilly toes), and finally a balaclava. Herein lies the dilemma: AJ can't see without his glasses but if he wears his glasses with the balaclava his breath is funneled up out of the hole at the top and fogs up his glasses such that he can't see a goddamn thing (see fig 1). Wtf!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
I do know this, though: I’m done pretending that the handful of racist gay white men out there—and they’re out there, and I think they’re scum—are a bigger problem for African Americans, gay and straight, than the huge numbers of homophobic African Americans are for gay Americans, whatever their color.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Thanks to a particularly vigilant lolaj tipster, AJ's attentions have been directed towards a somewhat smaller (in jurisdiction, anyway) recent social barrier breach--with which some of my readers may already be familiar. The town of Silverton, Oregon has elected our nation's first fluidly-gendered mayor, a move that in this instance suggests Oregonians' tolerance not just of transgenders, but also the hilarious nutjob community.
"Some guys' midlife crisis is sports cars or motorcycles or climbing mountains or trophy wives or whatever. I always wanted cleavage! So I went out and acquired some."
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
The ideological construction of crime is thus complemented and bolstered by the material construction of jails and prisons. The more jails and prisons are constructed, the greater the fear of crime, and the greater the fear of crime, the stronger the cry for more jails and prisons, ad infinitum.
MOAR! Because moar!
AJ, I do not think of you as a white and I do not think of you as not white...
I think of you as an angel.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
aj interrupts lolaj's impromptu sabbatical to say i am still trying to figure out how to reconcile this blogs content with the fact that i suddenly live in the MIDWEST (zomg!). tips re: the minneapolis blogosphere would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
in the meantime, i bring you these nuggets:
Tyra brings MODEL OF TRANSGENDERED EXPERIENCE into next season of ANTM. HOLY SHIT! tyra u r such an ally
Also Ellen and Portia are TOTALLY MARRIED. But Tila is PISSED! Ingrates!
Tila, I would totally invite u to my gay marriage.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Gawker endeavors an answer to AJ's age-old question: wtf is the deal with the MSM not caring about LinRon???
Monday, July 7, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
- i hate diablo cody
- jodie foster
- they be stealin mah bukkit
- "lesbianism is a political ideology"
- "lolcats" "jackie warner"
- diablo cody obnoxious
- diablo cody and her feminist politics
- the lighthearted feminism of a fine merlot
- is lolspeak racist
- dykes are the new fags
- genderqueer brooklyn hipster 2008
- h8 sex
- flds women sexual frequency
- look, it's terrible, i know, but weakness really, really bugs me, to the point that if there is a wounded bird on the sidewalk, i look at it and i go: i think i'll just kick it
- roflcopter black white sex
- timeout ny christian siriano white trash
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
- My boss comes to work in a t-shirt and grabs one of my spare work shirts off its hanger saying "hey I can wear this, right?"
- My other boss laments that he will have to take this week's Observer into the bathroom with him because the Post hasn't been delivered yet. I still need the Observer to look over the public notices section and listen in dismay to his griping.
- Office small talk centers on comic books and frog jizz.
- Pretty much everything can be expressed using warfare imagery. We are 'going to war' with a couple developers right now, so I find I spend most of my days either 'manning the cannons' or 'in the trenches' or stuff like that. This makes me feel pretty manly and righteous.
- "Hey, man" is probably the most commonly-used phrase in the office, though my boss calls everyone "brother" since he is a real union man.
- My girlfriend says the whole office smells funny.
- ▼ December (11)
- ok this definitely deserves its own post now
- couple sunday lynx
- this is pretty much how aj spends his afternoons t...
- lol-aj.livejournal.com has a RAGE
- OK EVERYONE CHEER UP again
- RIP Chloe "Chlobers" Hernandez-del Valle (1991 - 2...
- more news, stuff on thursday, etc
- monday news
- jebus finally
- aj is rockin out w/ I-35W, Amanda the windows danc...
- BABIES: IT'S ON!
- oh and here's the shifty lilliputian my mom is rep...
- EVERYONE CHEER UP OK
- worst day ever!
- LOL OOPS
- o heres a lolAJ quickhit
- CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER
- also as an aside
- lol-aj.livejournal.com brings u some UPDATES
- ► July (5)